Paralegal/Legal Assistant – Full-time
Attorney Cindy Clark is looking for a full-time Paralegal/Legal Assistant. To be considered for this position you must have at least one year of experience handling Florida probate files from initial filing of pleadings to closing of the estate; excellent communication skills; and strong organizational, time management, and computer skills.
Principal Responsibilities: Cindy’s looking for a person who will cheerfully wear many hats. Duties may include: drafting probate pleadings and forms; preparing estate planning documents for signing meetings; answering the phone and scheduling my appointments; bringing documents to the Clerk’s office; preparing mailings; meeting with clients; attending occasional marketing events after-hours; communicating with clients, creditors, clerks, etc.; preparing for and setting up marketing events and luncheons, and more.
• Minimum of one year of probate administration experience;
• Attention to detail – including spelling and grammar;
• Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, the Florida Courts E-Filing Portal, and cloud-based law-practice management programs such as Clio, PracticePanther or Rocket Matter;
• Familiarity with cloud-based file storage programs (such as Google Drive, Box, or Dropbox) as well as cloud-based probate forms software such as Westlaw’s Doc and Form Builder;
• Notary public or eligible to become a notary public;
• Independent worker with ability to deal with deadlines; and
• A warm, friendly, and patient disposition when dealing with an elderly client base.
Additionally, a large part of Cindy’s practice deals with pet trusts and gun trusts, so the right person will love animals and be supportive of an individual’s right to self-defense.
Work Environment: The office is located in downtown Sarasota. This person will be the sole staff member supporting Cindy, but there are other attorneys and staff members in the firm. Everyone is very friendly, and Fridays are casual. The firm offers a competitive salary, health insurance, life insurance, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, parking and a pleasant working environment.
Please submit a resume via email to [email protected] with the following in the subject line: Resume – Probate Paralegal – Your last name.